regardless of a roommate looking for and that list get free or paid or not, roommate listings placed advertisements are, you will receive a response the chances of people of those allegations are interested in being roommates who. This person will be your roommate be no interest. Not only are interest and currency scam to rob. Fact: roommate roommate listings lot of scams. This roommate to learn about the scams, protection against theft and fraud is the first guard. I do not know how the scam or a roommate or it sounds, similar to the event to educate yourself quickly before they become victims. If you do become a victim of a scam roommate, you have to apply to the local authorities immediately and possibly the FBI.
Here as the roommate scam emails appear
I am looking to rent a room or call (roommate listings) I saw your ad .com nice and honest a roommate. My name is Denise and I am 29 years. Former Broker currently living in London with my uncle. I am honest, reliable and good friends and I am a caring individual who enjoys having a good time.
I plan to come to the United States a new tool to work with institutions on a contract for 8 months. I just rent, utility and if you want to confirm any deposit. What is totally amount to move? I want you to pay the rent and 2 months to act immediately. I was with my partner for 2 months pay in the United States will have to send you a cashier’s check.
pass all the details you want the city will be mailed zip
Thank you and I can go ahead with payment details so that will be waiting for you!
This is a clear example roommate scam. people spot goes scam roommate as follows quickly in Canada, Britain, Nigeria, Australia, Sweden, etc. Roads are claiming similar roommates fraud they are coming
1 person foreign nationals until
2 . they
3. give them usually only the first name and work, school or a claim the United States is moving to a modeling contract if an e-mail reply by asking for the full name, address and e-mail, sometimes they I refuse to give you.
They present employer for their “final salary” to send and rent deposit payment as you want to deposit the check in your bank account
5. attracted to they bank account, transfer or (rent the deposit amount usually more) to cash a check or cashier would like to open an account at a different bank of their choice. After checks deposited into your account, we deduct a portion of the money to cover the rent will ask and will ask you to take part to overcome them back transfer. They are “a ticket” purchase and / or “pay for moving expenses” to explain that we need extra money wired back to them. These checks, money orders and cashier’s checks are fake. If pulling back “exceeded potion” How do they make money. This time it was a fake bank checks moments many cases, they will come after YOU for money.
They are “an associate” or “sponsor” they give you a check, re-lease deposit (to send a bank check or money order to deposit to the bank to check, we know in the US offer
6, transfers and cashier’s checks fake! ).
7. They will be deposited checks where the full name, address, telephone number, personal e-mail accounts and personal information such as bank would demand. Sometimes he will insist on a certain bank to deposit their bogus checks.
8. Their emails them have chosen not to make assumptions roommate and roommate will want to remove the listing off the ad.
9. almost the same sound similar to email, but using different names and business professions.
10. passport, visa and employers’ current home address of the contract, scan / fax you like to request a copy of the information they give you information and BS excuses why you can not refuse.
11 (first knowing is almost scammed), e-mail or by phone or communication with roommates fraudsters and request if they met other people, research or a little more time to explain, they are impatient to get worse and constant emails, IM, and phone calls with you dam.
roommate on the list of e-mail reply, be sure to verify as much information as possible about the other person as always. issues and questions to be shy about it. Remember, the fact that a stranger into your home or office will be moving. Therefore, to protect yourself and have every right to ask questions. Trust your gut and you can go up if you believe I got an e-mail that looks like a roommate scam listen to any red flags. If you think someone is trying to scam you suspect no longer convenient communication, to stop all contact and reported the incident to the FBI. You can look at the links on this and internet scams visit the FBI website.
understand that a roommate and roommate fraud is the first step when looking to protect yourself. Knowledge is power! How about your roommate continue the fraud is easy, safe and fast will be to find the perfect roommate for you!
happy roommate hunting!